Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alright!

Quick post, as my baby is starving, and getting fussier by the second!
First:
I have broken the barrior! Whoopwhoop!
I eat fat. I should have a shirt that brags, I eat fat. And thus, despite my workouts that involved tons of sweat and lots of loud grunting (you burn more calories when you are exercising and go AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Its true, just watch The Biggest Loser) I was stuck at 171. Ugh. Today, I got up and tried to ignore the scale taunting me in the bathroom. Like the Lotto, you're never going to see the numbers you want to see, but like the Lotto, you keep going back. (Well, I dont 'cuz I be a Mormon, but I thought it was a good analogy anyway) My friend Lucy (See Lucy? Told you I'd do it!) suggested I rid myself of post workout despiar and throw my scale out the metaphorical window. So for two days I did. I resisted weighing myself. Once I did, but the batteries were low so I didnt see my number come up, but I still count that as not weighing myself. This mornign I stared at the scale while I brushed my teeth, and I stared at the scale while I paid homage to the porcelain queen, and stared at the scale as I dressed. Oh wahat the heck. I love you Lucy! But....I GOTTA KNOW!!!
I stood up on it and....167!! Heck yeah! Now, I know that number will disappear as soon as I eat breakfast, but who the heck cares! For five minutes today, I weighed 167. Whoohoo! Ok, I have to tend to my screaming babe now, so more posting latuz!
ciao for now!
Melanie

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I always weigh before I eat anything in the morning too! That's the best time to find a lower number, even if it is so temporary. :) Congrats!!