Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new decade...a hotter me

So, when I wrote "Here I go again" in the last post, I wasn't lying. I really did go to the gym for 13 straight weeks! It was awesome. I was pregnant the whole time, and so I inevitably got bigger instead of smaller as I exercised, but it didn't matter, I looked better, I felt better, and I still had an almost ten pound baby, but that was a matter of predestination. I had to stop exercising to have the baby (sweet, beautiful Daisy) and wait, gasp, 6 whole weeks! It has been a long 6 weeks. But, I know I can do it because I proved I could do it when I exercised for 13 weeks in my third trimester, dang it! Tomorrow I go to Dr. Diaz's office for my 6 week postpartum. I am counting on the fact that she is going to say to me, alrighty Melanie, get your pudgy (now that is a word that conjures up images of quivering cellulite) bum back on that treadmill! Yeah! HECK yeah! I am all set. So, here is a list of reasons why I CAN do it.

1. I did it before! Every day for 13 flipping weeks!
2. I found something I enjoy doing, swimming. Sure, I kind of look like a retarded dog when I swim, but it gets my heart rate up so it still counts!
3. I have successfully achieved the goal of getting Daisy to take a bottle so that I can go at night time while Joe takes care of her.
4. Joe is willing to take care of her for a couple of hours for me at night so I can do it!
5. Heavenly Father wants me to take care of my body, so He will help me exercise
6. I live so close to the gym that I really have no excuse not to go.

Okay, now here is a list of why I WANT to do it.

1. I really want to feel feminine and pretty, and sexy. Especially since I am starting to feel really, really far away from that land called Youth.
2. I want Joe to think of me as feminine and pretty and sexy. Ego boost!
3. I want to make myself feminine and sexy and pretty FOR Joe because I love him so much that its me giving him an i love you gift.
4. I want to be healthy. I want to take care of this body that I have been given.
5. I want to have tons of energy so that I can be a good mom, a fun mom, an active mom for my kids.
6. ONE time before I hit my thirties (gulp, I cant believe I have reached an age where "thirties" is sooner rather than later...) I would like to be thin again. If I can hit the 120's, I will be thinner than I have ever been since Joe and I have been together. I haven't been 12o something since I was 16 years old.
7. I want to look good for when we go to Mount Rushmore this summer! Hot mama on vacation
8. If I can get in the habit of taking the best care of myself that I can right now, than I will be off to a good start on how I want to be as Daisy's mom. I want her to have great self esteem. I realize that I need to teach her so many things to have great self esteem. As far as the physical part of it goes, its a two parter. On one hand, if I have good self esteem about myself, if I show her that I love and value myself enough to take great care of myself, than she will learn from that example. The second part is that by getting fit now, I will also eat better, do my hair and makeup more, have better hygiene, etc. Again, this will teach her by example. If Daisy is fit and healthy, if she exercises and has good grooming habits, than she will feel so much better about herself. I realize that I will teach my boys by example as well, but I don't think I will have as much influence on them as I do on Daisy. Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see!

There are probably more motivations, and I will list them as I think of them! So, Tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my skinny life...Heck yeah!!!

And as far as food goes...eh, I'll think about that later.

No comments: